About Darkest Dungeon game
Darkest Dungeon is a challenging gothic roguelike turn-based
RPG about the psychological stresses of adventuring.
Reclaim Your Ancestor's Estate
Recruit, train, and lead a team of flawed heroes through twisted forests, forgotten warrens, ruined crypts, and beyond. You'll battle not only unimaginable foes, but stress, famine, disease, and the ever-encroaching dark. Uncover strange mysteries, and pit the heroes against an array of fearsome monsters with an innovative strategic turn-based combat
- The Affliction System – battle not only monsters, but stress! Contend with paranoia, masochism, fear, irrationality, and a host of gameplay-meaningful quirks!
- Striking hand-drawn gothic crowquill art style
- Innovative turn-based combat pits you against a host of diabolical monsters
- Narration system to celebrate your successes...and failures
- 16 (and counting!) playable hero classes, including Plague Doctor, Hellion, and even the Leper!
- Camp to heal wounds or deliver inspiring speeches.
- Rest your weary, shell-shocked characters in town at the Tavern or the Abbey to keep their stress in check.
- Classic CRPG and roguelike features, including character permadeath, procedural dungeons, and incredible replay
Can you stem the tide of eldritch horror
s erupting across your family’s ancestral estate?
Descend at your peril!
Awards and Honors
- PG Gamer: Best RPG of 2016
- Game Informer - Best RPGs of 2016: 3 Awards
- IGN - Best of 2016: 2 Nominations
- IGF 2016 - 3 Nominations
- Rock Paper Shotgun - 50 Best RPGs of All Time
- PAX 10 - 2015
- Game Debate Best Indie Game 2016
- SXSW Gamer's Choice Nominee 2015
- MMORPG - Best Indie RPG (Pax East 2014), Best RPG Nomination PAX Prime 2014
- Indie Megabooth Selection - PAX East 2014, PAX Prime 2015